I’m sure that we could agree that a strong marriage is one that is based on true love. But, how do you “love” someone? How is it that you really do that?
For many people, if you take away the sexual aspect of love, what’s left in their mind is so ambiguous, abstract, and ethereal that there’s really nothing left for them to take action on.
Consequently, there’s not nearly enough “loving” going on in way too many marriages.
So, let me give you a definition of love that’s “actionable” – a definition that’ll make perfect sense to you and enable you to love your spouse in a meaningful way that they’ll readily recognize and appreciate.
Loving your spouse is doing three things:
- It’s consistently directing goodwill towards them
- It’s truly wanting the best of everything for them
- It’s helping them obtain the good they desire in any way you can
As a human being, you have God-given intellect, God-given will-power, and God-given choice-power. That means that if you really want to, you can consciously choose to do all three of the above items and thereby express love to your spouse in a way that will cause your marriage to blossom and bloom into a union of beauty and harmony that you may not even be able to imagine right now.
And, all three of these are things that are easy to understand and they are things that you really can do.
In fact, I’d like you to now pause for a moment and do something for yourself…using your abilities to decide, think, and imagine…
- Decide to consistently direct goodwill towards your spouse. Permanently install the notion in your mind that goodwill is something you have to give to your spouse – and that you want to give it to your spouse in every interaction. Firmly program your mind with the ideal that you are a constant transmitter of goodwill towards your spouse.
- Think about how you might direct goodwill towards your spouse. Use your imagination to visualize yourself doing that in the different kinds of interactions that you routinely have with your spouse. Use your imagination to picture you projecting goodwill towards your spouse when it’s just the two of you, when it’s the two of you with children, and when it’s the two of you in a public sitting with other people around.
Then, repeat this two-step process for the ideal of wanting the best of everything for your spouse and for helping your spouse obtain the good they desire in any way you can.
I promise you, if you’ll actively go through this two-step process for all three aspects of love, I can assure you there is going to be a different aura about you that your spouse cannot help but notice.
There’ll be a shine on your face, a sparkling beam in your eyes, and your words and actions will emanate loving power towards your spouse. They’ll be irresistibly drawn to you. Think of it, who could possibly resist a spouse that’s for them – that’s on their side?
In the best-selling book of all time, the Bible, we read that “God is love” and if we read a little deeper, we find that God’s kind of love is the kind that directs goodwill towards us, wants the very best for us, and helps us get the good we desire.
In like fashion, a strong, successful, happy, fulfilling marriage is one where both the husband and the wife direct goodwill towards each other, they genuinely want the very best for each other, and they actively do their best to help each other obtain the good that they desire.
Of course, someone has to be the first one to move…print out this article, find the right time and place, and share it with your spouse. Let them know that you want to “love” them in this way and that you’d like for them to “love” you back in this way.
This is how you “love” your way into a stronger, happier, more fulfilling marriage.
Copyright 2018 by Calle Zorro
Husband, This Is THE Solution If You Want An Affectionate, Sexual Marriage Relationship With Your Wife. Click here.